However, the real shocker came as she waved the wand around and all of a sudden realized we were looking at not one, but two heartbeats. When she said it was twins, I didn't believe her--even though I saw it on the screen for myself. We weren't on any fertility meds--this is completely a God thing. Needless to say, though, as I don't take change nor surprises well, I didn't handle the news too well--I started shaking and bawling and couldn't stop. All I could feel was fear. Maybe I would have handled it better if Alan had been there, but who knows. Fortunately, when I told him later on that night when he got home from work, he took it really well--and that really helped calm me down.
Now, it's 48 hours since we found out, and I think we are starting to adjust to the idea--although I still can't fully wrap my brain around it.
I go back in 2 weeks for another ultrasound b/c the want to double check that the babies are in separate sacs--if they aren't, it is higher risk. The pictures I have of the twins aren't that great--wouldn't you know the doctor kept the best pic for herself (ok, my file), and gave me a photocopy--hence, the graininess.


No comments:
Post a Comment