Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Ultrasound 23 weeks & I'm HOW Big?!?!

It's hard to believe that this journey is past the halfway mark--time is flying by faster than I thought it would!

It was another successful appointment: meaning the babies look great, and everything is on track--yea! Somehow, I ended up with more pictures of Baby B than Baby A--sorry kids, I guess it's never too early to learn that life won't always be balanced and fair!

Of course, we start with the trademark "head pic"--the only way to get both of them in one picture. Looks a lot like the other head pics, but just bigger circles!:o)



Moving on to Baby A, his/her heartrate was 150bpm and weight was 1 pound, 6 ounces--large for even a singleton pregnancy. All his anatomy checked out and looked great; the only thing they couldn't check was for a cleft palate--he kept his face turned away.

We were able to get a quick face picture, although as I said, he didn't face the "camera" long enough for the palate to be checked.



Then we have a picture of Baby A's leg. The funny thing about Baby A was that Baby B was so wiggly and kept taking up all the leg room that rather than fight back, Baby A would simply give in and fold his legs out of the way. So funny!



As for Baby B, his/her heart rate was 148 bpm, and not to be outdone by his sibling, he weighed in at 1 pound, 7 ounces--again, larger than a singleton baby. (What the heck?! TWO babies large for their size? I already have almost 3 pounds of kid in me!! What do they think--that I come in an expandable version???) :o)

That said though, Baby B's anatomy also looked great, and they were able to verify he doesn't have a cleft palate--yea! Another piece of good news is Baby B flipped around and is no longer breeched. Now, they are both head down, and I'm hoping they stay that way!

Despite all his wiggling (it took some time to get a heart rate off him--but he's made that a struggle in the past so at least he's consistent), he gave us a great shot of his cute profile:



And here's a pic of Baby B's leg--as you can see it's more stretched out than Baby A's thanks to his perisitence at taking up all the room!



And lastly, a cute picture of Baby B's feet:



Of course, what ultrasound would be complete without a funny picture of the two of them mixing it up in there? Here, Baby B is demonstrating yet another way he ensures he gets all the space he wants: his foot kept kicking Baby A in the behind--talk about your kick in the butt! Poor Baby A--but I have a feeling he'll have his revenge at some point!:o)



Also, after the ultrasound, I met with the doctor and she measured me to see how big I was measuring, and although I'm only 23 weeks along, my belly is measuring at 31 weeks!!! Holy Crap! I don't even want to THINK how big I'll be when I'm actually at 31 weeks gestation!

From here on out, I see the doctor every two weeks (ultrasound pictures will still be every 4 weeks though). I'm also thinking I should post pics of my belly for those of you I don't get to see--plus to document how big I actually get. So, I plan on pics of that to come soon.

2 comments:

  1. Yay, Lynds! I am SO EXCITED for you guys! I have 2 more friends that have since found out they are having TWINS and none of you 3 have a known family hx or did fertility! Crazy! Must be the zeros in the year or something. So much fun! Can't wait to make their baby clothes. You and Alan are going to be busy busy busy. They will do a caeserian whether or not the twins are both head down, right? I don't think I've met anyone that got to push twins out since the 80's. Can't wait to hear. Thx for the awesome pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lyndsay,
    Jim, Joyce and Bob were here today and we looked at your blog. Sounds like you are doing just fine, and we thank you for keeping us posted Glad that everything is going well for you. You sound as if you are already enjoying your twins and their interaction. Just think how much more you will soon be enjoying them!Much love to you, Alan, and your Mom and Dad.

    Gramdma

    ReplyDelete