The babies are doing great, as am I--all signs indicate they will be in there for a while yet (fingers crossed!). However, because they are doing so well and getting so big, it's hard to get those "cute" shots--not much fits in the screen anymore (hard to believe considering they're both just barely over 14 inches long!).
Of course, we must start with the standard head picture--both babies are still head down, and if by my next sonogram at 31 weeks they're still both head down, I might not have to have a C-section (yes!). So, I'm hoping Baby B doesn't do any more flips or acrobatics like he did a couple months ago.

On to an update on Baby A: he/she weighs 2 pounds, 7 ounces--which means he almost doubled in size in 4 weeks, gaining 1 pound 1 ounce! The first picture here is of his face, and if you look closely at the cheek, you can see they are starting to fill out. I don't have a good leg picture this time around, but it was amazing to see that they were losing the scrawny, skeletal look and gaining some muscle & baby fat!

Also, the neatest thing happened when we were looking at Baby A's face: he started opening & closing his mouth, so it looked like he was talking to us! Then, we were also able to see him open & close his eyes. It was so amazing--absolutely the coolest thing I have EVER seen!
Then, we have a picture of A's foot (which is interesting to compare to B's foot picture below).

Moving on to Baby B: Baby B is even bigger than A--he weighed 2 pounds, 11 ounces, meaning he also almost doubled in size in just 4 weeks: gaining 1 pound, 4 ounces! Apparently, these are some big kiddos at this point as each are measuring 1 to 2 weeks ahead.
Here's a picture of Baby B's foot:

And I think this is a sweet picture of Baby B: he has his hand up by his face--so cute!

Baby B was much calmer at this appointment than usual--of course, he still kicks up a storm in the evenings when I'm finally sitting down for the day; he has a particular affinity for pushing his leg up into my ribs. It's not too uncomfortable right now, but I have a feeling as he gets bigger, it's not going to be that much fun for me!
Also, although Baby A is much more quiet as a rule, he starts kicking a bunch whenever I lay on my side in bed, which constricts his space--it's like he's trying to tell me to move (very cute, but it doesn't usually work as it's way too much work to change positions once I'm settled!) :o)
Well, that's all the update I have for now. More updates to come as they continue to grow & constrict my ability to move and be comfortable (but they're worth it)! :o)
Yay, Lynds! I am so so so so so excited for you. You and TWO of my other friends are preggers with TWINS and NONE of you are FINDING OUT! THis is driving me insane. I feel like I need to get my sewing machine and yarn out and just crank out 6 of each gendered thing so I can be in the clear either way! Another fun fact is that NONE of the 3 of you did fertility tx and none of you have a known family hx. One of you has a single sack. Crazy stuff. Must be this lunar year or something. Can't wait to see! Miss you.
ReplyDeleteThe pictures are so cute. And I love that you got to see Baby "A" talk to you! I'm glad that they're not in a hurry to come early, but I'm ready to meet them in person!
ReplyDeleteHi Lyndsay,
ReplyDeleteBob is here helping me, or I wouldn't know how to do this stuff. Anyway, it looks like the twins are making progress and already making their mom happy. Enjoy while you can. These will be the best times of your life, Dear.
Love you a lot.
Bob and Grandma