Sunday, February 14, 2010

Texas Blizzard 2010

So, a week ago, the weather forecast was for 1, maybe 2 inches, of snow on Thursday. Well, to say they were off is the understatement of the year! The previous record for most snowfall was 7.3 inches--we got 12.5 inches on Thursday! I've never seen more then 4 inches at a time here in Texas, let alone a foot of snow!

So, of course, I had to take plenty of pictures. It was beautiful--the hardest part was we lost power for 12 hours: doesn't make for a fun snow day (it was rather boring and you realize how much you rely on electricity!), but we were one of the lucky ones who had it quickly restored (some people are still without power as I write this, so we feel very lucky).

I had to document how much snow we got at our house (hence the measurement), and took pics of all the snow on our street.







As you can see, Toby even came outside for a bit (but not long--he soon wanted back inside!)



And, being in Texas, we don't exactly have snow-gear, so you can see I rigged myself some waterproof "redneck boots:" :o)




But, in true Texas fashion, the snow is already all melted, and you'd never know it looked like this only 48 hours ago!

1 comment: