Wednesday, March 31, 2010

32 Weeks--Water Broke

So, apparently, there's never a dull moment around here lately!

I went to my dr's appt yesterday and also had a sonogram (no pics since it was just to compare with last week's results), and after the appointment, I came over to the hospital for a steroid shot to help develop the babies' lungs. This was done just as a precaution since high blood pressure can sometimes induce pre-term labor.

Well, my dr must be psychic or something (although I've talked with her and she didn't see this coming either--no one can), because an hour after I got home from the hospital, my water broke. Thankfully, God's timing was perfect because it happened just as Alan was getting home from work and pulled into the driveway. As shocking as it was for me, it certainly wasn't a calm welcome home for him!

We immediately came over the hospital, and I was admitted. The main concern right now is infection, so they started me on 2 antibiotics to prevent it. The babies have also been monitored ever since I got here last night, and they continue to do wonderfully, and I'm not having any contractions, so right now, we couldn't ask for better news. I also had a sonogram this morning to check on them (that's how we found out it was Baby A's sac that broke), and that had good results as well.

So, right now we are in a wait and see mode. Ideally, it would be great if the babies could reach the 34 week mark, but right now, each day they remain where they are is a blessing.

I'll continue to update as I can and thank you for your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Whoa, Lynds! That was such a shocker! I will be praying for your babies to stay in. Steroid shots is good news. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete