Friday, April 2, 2010

Update

I know many of you are following our story and praying for us--thank you!--and I thought I would update you in regards to where things stand as of this morning.

So far, there's no news to report--which is a good thing. The babies continue to do well and have strong heartbeats, and I haven't had any contractions, praise God!

If we make it to 7pm tonight, we will have made it through the critical 72 hour period. According to my dr, if you make it to the 72 hour mark, the chances of making it for another week or 2 are good. So, Alan and I are so thankful with how God has blessed and taken care of us so far with everything that's happened--what a wonderful Easter blessing!

We asked the dr if there comes a point when they would take the babies should my body not go into labor and her answer was if they haven't arrived on their own by 35 weeks, then the dr would deliver them. I reach 35 weeks the week of April 19th, so we're definitely going to have April babies instead of May. Kinda throws me for a loop since I had May in my head all this time, but we'll take healthy, happy babies no matter what the month is!

Thanks to everyone for all the phone calls, emails, encouragement, and kind words you've sent our way. We feel so loved and supported and that means the world to us!

If anything changes, we will let you know; in the meantime, no news is good news!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, Lynds. Can't remember if I told you, but I have 3 friends that are twins preggers and none of you were finding out. Well, friend #1, Jen, had hers last week and they were....girls! It will be so fun to see if you follow suit. Praying for you, sweetie. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete